Displaying reports in Excel
To display your report of a sequence in Excel or Open Office Calc, do the following:
1. On the console / onPC type REPORT SEQUENCE X
2. Save the report
3. Transfer it to the computer where you want to import it into Excel
4. Un-pack the tar.gz file
5. Open the .csv file and select "semicolon" as delimiter
Now you should see the report in Excel.
Be aware: Older versions of Excel only supports 250 columns. If you report more than 250 cues you should create multiple reports. For example:
REPORT SEQUENCE X CUE 1 THRU 250
REPORT SEQUENCE X CUE 251 THRU 413
A lot of people want to have their cues in rows and not in columns. You can achieve that very easy with built-in Excel functions.
- Make sure that you don't have more than 256 rows in your spreadsheet. Delete everything that you don't need in your report
- Select all your cells
- Cut all the cells
- Click on "Edit" - "Paste Special" and then select "Transpose" in the pop-up
- Click on "OK"
You columns are now displayed in rows and vice versa.